Monday, May 20, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Final Update

So, the read-a-thon just ended less than an hour ago.  I just finished my forth book in the read-a-thon a little over a half hour ago. A little after midnight I finished it, so it was TECHNICALLY finished after the read-a-thon ended, but whatever.

I read The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

This book was good.  It was Agatha Christie's first novel, I believe.  If not, it was one of her first. It's the first book with Hercule Poirot in it.  He was a joy to read about, he was fun, wittle, and smart.  Made me laugh quite a bit.  The story is told by the main character, Hastings.  Kinda odd that I go to a bookstore called hastings all the time.

I enjoyed this book, it was a fun mystery that kept me guessing till the end.  I didn't guess the culprit.  There's something about Agatha's writing that throws you for a loop.  Definitely want to read more books by her in the future.

So, in total for this read-a-thon I read 4 books:  The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, Identical by Ellen Hopkins, I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Shroeder, and finally The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. I also read 22 pages of Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles.

I read a total of 1136 pages this week.  Crazy! I never though I could read that much that fast!

Hope everyone else did awesome on the read-a-thon!  Happy reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love Agatha Christie. I have not read any of her books since I was younger. I may have to rectify that!

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete