Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Day 1

Day 1 of the Bout of Books Read-a-thon has started!

I read most of the day, with some time spent on the computer, chatting with friends and playing a bit of League of Legends with a good friend.  Okay, I realize I'm talking about video games on a read-a-thon post, but every reader needs a break.

So, what have I read today?

Well, I finished reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen today.  Only had 150 pages left to read when I started the read-a-thon. 





This book was amazing!  I am so baffled why it took me so long to read her books.  It's a brilliant read.  It tells the story of a girl named Macy, who's father died recently of a cardiac arrest.  Her family's still coping with the loss and she's having boyfriend troubles.  They're on a "break", she's working a bad summer job, when she by chance meets the catering team of Wish, and they show her what living is all about. 

Again, such a brilliant book.  It had amazing characters.  Deliah and Kristy were hilarious.  "God, please, I'm begging you" to read this book! It's genius!

Currently I'm reading Identical by Ellen Hopkins.  On page 99/565 so far, and it's great so far!  I'll talk about it more when I finish it. 

So, that's it for this post, Day 1 is coming to a finish and I'm going to end it reading, of course!  Good luck to everyone in this read-a-thon! Hope you're all doing well.  Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment