Thursday, July 29, 2010

Perfect Chemistry Book Review


This is the story of two teens in high school, both coming from different backgrounds and find love. Brittney Ellis is the perfect girl, perfert looks, perfect boyfriend, perfect life...at school. At home she is a completely different person and has problems she doesn't want anyone to know about.
Alex Fuentes is in the mexican gang, Latino Blood, and is a complete bad boy. He smokes, fights, and keeps his true emotions to himself.
Both of these unlikely teens are forced to become lab partners in chemistry class, and although they hate each other, they learn that they're both very similar to one another. Will their backgrounds keep them from falling in love and being themselves?
I finished this book last night at 3 AM, and I alsolutely loved it. At first I thought it would be a cliche' romance, but it wasn't; it was so much more than that! Simone Elkeles did a great job of creating real characters that you can't help but love. The fact that it was told by these two characters perspectives made me get even more into their lives. This is one of the only books that I didn't want to finish because I loved it so much and couldn't bare to part from these characters.
Here's one of my favorite lines from the book:
"T'm having a nightmare that a thousand Oompa Loompas are in my head, hammering my skull. Opening my eyes to bright light, I wince. The Oompa Loompas are still there, and I'm awake. 'You've got a hangover,' a girl says to me."
How awesome is that?
I highly recommend it to anyone. 5/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I am often wary of romance books haha...like you said, I don't want to read a cliche love story...I need something original. This seems to be original :-) I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, it reminds me a lot of The Outsiders...if it were a romance that is. lol

    ReplyDelete